First time to Austin? No worries! Welcome to the best city in Texas!
The race and festival is smack downtown in the middle of Austin on Lady Bird Lake. Check out the links below to find more to do!
One of the best parts of Austin, naturally! There’s something for everyone.
- Definitely try out one of our famed food carts
- Find out the latest news and restaurant openings
- Of course, you must try out the best BBQ in the nation!
- Chomp down on the best burgers
- The most scrumptious desserts: Amy’s Ice Cream; Dolce Neve; Lick Ice Cream, Gourdough’s, Banarachy
Austin is known for its beautiful outdoors, so hop on a bike or a SUP and go enjoy our great weather!
- Lady Bird Lake Hike and Bike Trail: The lake is a part of the Colorado River. It may look like a river, but since it’s damned on both ends, it’s a lake! Hike, run, or bike the 10-mile looped trail.
- Barton Creek Greenbelt: Hike, rock climb, or go spelunking.
- Kayak or try your balance on SUP
- Barton Springs Pool is Austin’s crown jewel. All the muni pools in the city are spring water, so no chlorine to deal with! The water is a chilled 68 degrees year round.
- Hamilton Pool is technically outside of Austin, but it’s worth the drive for a perfect escape. Surrounded by a limestone grotto with a waterfall, the pool is popular in the summer.
We’re the live music capitol of the world! Everything from the local grocery store to city council meetings have entertainment. Although the annual famed South by Southwest Festival is in March and the Austin City Limits Music Festival is in October, there’s still many places to catch some live music.
- The Continental Club is one of the city’s most famed spots with anything from country to swing
- Elephant Room: home of our best jazz musicians
- Stubb’s Bar-Q: iffy BBQ, but a fun music venue
- Parish: a hip music venue on the infamous dirty Sixth
- ACL Live at Moody Theater: Austin’s premier concert venue; also the location of the Austin City Limits TV show