Welcome to the best city in Texas! The race and festival are smack downtown in the middle of Austin on beautiful Lady Bird Lake.
There’s a reason eating comes first. It’s one of the best parts of Austin! Vegetarians and vegans welcome.
Austin is known for its beautiful outdoors, so hop on a bike or a SUP and go enjoy our great weather!
- Lady Bird Lake may look like a river, but since it’s damned on both ends, it’s a lake! Hike, run, or bike the 10-mile trail loop
- Barton Creek Greenbelt: Hike, rock climb, or go spelunking.
- Kayak or try your balance on SUP
- Barton Springs Pool is Austin’s crown jewel. All the muni pools in the city are spring water. The water is a chilled 68 degrees year round.
- Hamilton Pool is technically outside of Austin, but it’s worth the drive for a perfect escape. Surrounded by a limestone grotto with a waterfall, the pool is popular in the summer.
We’re the live music capital of the world. Everything from the local grocery store to city council meetings have entertainment.
- The Continental Club is one of the city’s most famed spots with anything from country to swing
- Elephant Room: Home of our best jazz musicians
- Stubb’s Bar-Q: Iffy BBQ, but a fun music venue
- Antone’s: Austin’s iconic blues venue started in 1975
- Parish: A hip music venue on the infamous dirty Sixth
- ACL Live at Moody Theater: Austin’s premier concert venue; also the location of the Austin City Limits TV show